Do you have an ant infestation and looking for ant control treatments? Ants are annoying, destructive, and some species can be very dangerous to our homes and businesses. Carpenter ants are known to damage wood and cause structural damage. They are also dangerous to our health and well being as they are able to spread harmful bacteria.
Some typical ant infestations we find in the northeast are:
- Carpenter Ants: These ants can damage the structure of your home or business. They are usually black or dark brown and shiny in appearance. Homes that contain moist or rotting wood are at risk as carpenter ants invade such types of wood to create their nests and galleries. When they invade the wood beams in our homes and properties, they may cause significant damage that is costly to repair.
- Odorous House Ants: If you smell a rotten coconut odor after stepping over an ant, then your home is probably infested by odorous house ants. They are not known to spread diseases, but they have a peculiar stinky smell. These ants can contaminate food sources and are difficult to eliminate.
- Pavement Ants: These are tiny ants, seen outside during warmer seasons, nesting in cracks in the pavements, along sidewalks, under foundations, stone walls, etc. They can also end-up being at our homes in search of food. These tiny ants do have stingers, but they rarely sting people. Considered to be a nuisance pest, they are able to deposit harmful substances on food or food-prep surfaces.
Few steps to prevent the damage and nuisance caused by ants
- Seal spaces around your windows and doors, especially if they are on the basement level.
- Seal any gaps around utilities that enter into the homes such as wires and pipes.
- Perform a detailed inspection of your home’s foundation and outer walls and seal any gaps, cracks, and holes you find.
- Trim the trees, shrubs, and bushes to prevent ants from entering your house.
- Keep the surfaces and interiors of your place free from crumbs and spills.
- Do not pile or stack dirty dishes next to the sink.
- Store leftover food in the fridge.
- In case of heavy infestation call pest control agencies for inspection and preventive treatments
Metro Pest Control is the best ant exterminator in Brooklyn and specializes in providing cost-effective and efficient ant removal services. Our qualified technicians and experts perform our services. All of our technicians are able to classify the species infesting your household or premises and correctly determine the right pest control solution for your unique infestation. Our team at Metro Pest creates a customized treatment plan tailored for your household based on the species of ant infestation. Our effective ant treatment is safe and used as a foundation to prevent any further infestation.