Beds bugs can make it nearly impossible to get a good night’s sleep and make your life miserable. When it comes to getting rid of bedbugs, one question that most people ask is, “How can I quickly and permanently get rid of my bedbugs? They can be permanently eradicated, but the process is usually more complicated. There are several factors to keep in mind while doing so. We strongly advise using professional exterminators for effective bed bug removal. They are trained and experienced with the latest techniques and methods to remove your bed bugs.
What Attracts Bed Bugs to Your Home?
The menace of bed bugs is real! Most people dread these tiny creatures, and rightly so. Bed bug infestations can lead to deep disturbances in your routine, sleep cycles and cost a lot of money and resource to eradicate. Hence, most people would prefer precautions that limit the presence or spread of bed bugs. Here are some ways by which bed bugs are attracted to your home and how you can prevent an infestation.
1. High levels of carbon dioxide - Humans produce carbon dioxide and this is one of the reasons why bed bugs are attracted to them. High levels of carbon dioxide, especially in enclosed spaces, are perfect for the growth and reproduction of bed bugs. So it’s best to keep your space well-ventilated, especially at night. So open your windows and let the air in to prevent infestations.
2. Warm and moist places - It’s common to see an increase in bed bugs in the summer and monsoon months. The reason being that bed bugs thrive in moist and warm environments. We humans are also warm-blooded, so this trait combined with environmental factors offers the perfect environment for bed bugs. You can keep a moderate temperature in your space and ensure proper ventilation, especially in smaller spaces, to avoid infestation.
3. Dark bedsheets - It’s not a myth that bed bugs enjoy a dark environment. This is why people are often dissuaded from opting for dark bedsheets or curtains in their rooms. Such upholstery often leaves room for an infestation to occur. Another risk of using dark bedsheets is that it makes it harder to spot the first few bugs.
4. Dirty laundry - Coming back from a vacation and delaying doing that laundry? Think again. Dirty laundry does often attract bed bugs. Our laundry is often soiled, covered with sweat and odor, and the bacteria on the laundry continues to increase for as long as it’s left undone. This creates an environment that is dark, dirty and moist - something that bed bugs find conducive to growing.
What Are The Signs of A Bed Bug Infestation In Your Home
Bed bugs are notorious and often an infestation is a real fear amongst a lot of people. A bed bug infestation often has a few tell-tale signs that you can lookout for. Like all types of infestation, early intervention will help you combat the issue before it gets out of hand.
Here are the signs that your home is infested with bed bugs.
1. Small black spots on your furniture and walls.
2. Waking up with bites and itchy areas on your skin.
3. In addition, infested areas may reek of a sweet musty smell. This is because of chemicals produced by the bugs that cause this smell to occur.
4. If you notice tiny specks of blood on your bedding, matteresses, blankets then its likely that these are due to bed bugs. It also important to check the seams of your matress, since bed bugs often hide in warm and dark spaces.
5. Bed bugs often shed an outer shell known as exoskeletons and these can be spotted around the house. If you start seeing these around the house then its indicative of an infestation.
6. Female bed bugs lay small white, oval eggs in tiny crevices. These are often easily missed but if you know what to look for you can spot and terminate these early.
These are some of the most common signs of a bug infestation. You can keep an eye out for these symptoms and immediately call a pest control agency like Metro Pest Control. Early treatment of bed bugs is the best option to ensure the infestation does not get out of hand.
Few Things That One Needs To Take Into Account For Complete Elimination Of Bed Bugs Are:
Related Post: 5 Merits of Efficient Ant Control
1- The Extent of the Infestation
It is predictable that the larger the infestation, the more difficult it becomes to deal with. As bed bugs grow in number, they continue to spread from their hiding places making the treatment process more difficult. If you see a bedbug there is a very good chance that there are many more in hiding. It is very important to get professional bedbug exterminators as soon as possible as bedbugs will quickly multiply.
2- The Type of Treatment
There are many effective bedbug removal treatments. Only following a detailed bedbug inspection by our experienced bedbug technicians can we determine the best solution for your bedbug infestation.
3- Professional Application of Preparation and Treatment
Bedbug infestations are complicated, which makes effective control a major challenge. A detailed bedbug preparation process must be followed prior to the application of any bedbug treatment. An effective bedbug preparation is critical to a successful outcome.
4- The Type of Home
Living in multi-family housing can make it harder to deal with an infestation. Bedbugs may move from apartment to apartment as treatment is applied. Barriers to entry and re-entry may be necessary using an insecticide or making structural changes. If you suspect a bedbug infestation, you need to have a bedbug inspection performed by a professional bedbug exterminator.
5- Deep clean your space
While the above measures will help you address and treat bed bugs, it’s just as important to keep your space clean both before and after treatment. Before you call in the professionals, it’s important to segregate and discard items that are old and no longer in use. It is within household clutter that bed bugs are often found, so it’s best to address infestation by removing these. Start by cleaning the space where you see the most bugs. While doing so, make sure your mouth and hands are covered properly to avoid any infections. Next is to discard old items - it’s important to throw these out immediately since storing them in any other room will spread the infestation. Then you can use a general cleaning agent or have the professionals bring in chemicals that effectively eliminate bed bugs.
Metro Pest Control provides the best bed bug removal services in Queens County. We are well equipped with cutting-edge knowledge and expertise to eradicate bed bugs from your residential home or business. Our pest removal services in Queens County ensures that your home or business will be free of bedbugs and other insects. Visit our website for more details.