Cockroaches are considered to be one of the most common household pests in the world. They are not only disgusting to look at but also bring in a haven of diseases. On average, roaches can range anywhere from one-half to 3 inches long. The three most common types of cockroaches in America are German, Oriental and American roaches. These types of roaches can be attracted to your house for various reasons. For instance, the most common roach found indoors is the German roach. The German roach is attracted to water. Reducing access to water sources in your home can help reduce a roach infestation. Before researching the types of roaches, you should understand how they can be eliminated. Hence, here is a list of five ways through which one can eliminate cockroaches from infesting one’s home:
- Identify the problem areas with flashlights and glue strips – The first and foremost step is to identify the possible roach infestation sites. Conduct this research using a flashlight to search popular roach hiding spots, including behind the refrigerator, under the sink, crevices in cabinets and shelves, closet door corners, bathroom cabinets and closets. You can use roach glue strips to locate large infestations. Monitor these corners for a few days to a week. Strips in high-traffic areas will catch the most roaches, and these areas will need the most treatment.
- Use caulk to close gaps to prevent further infestation – To prevent a roach infestation from expanding, use caulk to fill possible entry points, including gaps between walls or tile, small nooks, corners and crevices and entry holes.
- Place gel bait stations to reduce roach population effectively – Gel bait can be an instrumental roach killer. This usually comes in the form of a tube that can be applied on various nooks, corners and crevices. While this method can be extremely useful in getting rid of cockroaches, you can also find your home infested with dead cockroaches after applying the tube. You can also make optimum use of bait stations to kill cockroaches—these work by attracting roaches into stations to feed on poison. The poisoned bug then travels back to its home location, dies with poisoning and is consumed by the other roaches, further passing on the poison and killing them. This helps in the deduction of the population. However, one should be very careful while using such measures.
- Boric acid powder for further effectiveness – Boric acid is found in substances like toothpaste and detergent. It can be one of the best roach killers. However, you should know how to apply it generously, not to contact children and your pets. In case it does, it can prove to be extremely hazardous. It is made by chemically combining boron and water. It is deadly for cockroaches.
- Hire a pest management professional – You do not have to undergo any hassle listed above if you simply hire a pest management control company. They offer a more practical approach towards getting rid of cockroaches and other kinds of infestations. They also eliminate the need to have traps scattered around your home.
Metro Pest Control was established in 1977 and had since been providing comprehensive exterminator services throughout New York City. We equip our customers with the best-suited cockroach removal solutions in New York City. Our exterminators specialise in the removal of bedbugs, mice, roaches, ants and more. We will ensure to deliver our services promptly. Our experience-friendly options ensure the health and safety of our customers. We also provide squirrels removal services in NYC. If you’re on the lookout for a termites exterminator in NYC, we will surely not disappoint you with our expertise.